Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Charming is back!!!!

After wandering off 72 hours ago and threw our life into hiatus, Charming is back with us tonight. Thanks to Llanet who insisted that we should post flyers in the neighborhood (I was trusting on the Petlink chip) and we did that last night. A lady called this afternoon and said that she found Charming, well at least she thinks it is Charming....

I called Miranda immediately and then I called Amanda. Both of them are very excited. Amanda wanted to make sure I come home first so that we can go and pick him up together. On our way to pick him up, I was nervous because I was a little unsure. I kept telling myself that it has to be Charming from the description she gave me but deep inside, I was loosing a little faith.

When I got there and rang the bell, the door opened and to Amanda's surprise, it was one of her friends. The daughter also goes to Westhoff. They then showed us where Charming is and we are sure glad to see him.

She claimed that Charming wandered off to her house on Sunday night, but I think she meant Saturday night because there is no way that Charming could have survived out there roaming the streets for 24 hours. Somehow she just decided to keep him. Well, I did not ask her why. I guess she could say she did not know who to call. I guess after seeing the flyers we posted she decided to call and that is how we made the connection. I really did not want to ask her too many questions since Charming is safe and sound. I still am very appreciative of her for taking care of Charming for 3 days.

Charming's journey took him about 0.7 miles from our house. A walking distance of about 20 minutes. From point A (our house) to B (where he has been for the past 72 hours). There is a trail on the west side of Lemon Ave. I guess Charming just followed the trial and wandered off further and further and did not know how to return.

He is home now. He seemed a little quiet and reserved. May be he is frightened through this ordeal or may be he is just tired. We will see how it goes. Anyway, thank you for all your concerns and prayers.

5 comments:

Amanda Yong said...

I am SO happy that Charming is back! I missed him SO much!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

I am also SO glad that Charming is back. Be sure to spend more time playing with him. Otherwise, he may be planning another escape! ;)

Anonymous said...

YAIIIII!! his back !! I told you guys to have faith....

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda,

Samuel is excited too. He came to my room and announced "the dog is back, the dog is back".....which was sweet and all, except it was midnight, and I was asleep. But I am happy that Charming is home.

Amanda Yong said...

DON'T WORRY! I WILL SPEND A LOT OF TIME WITH HIM UNCLE LOK!