Thursday, January 22, 2009

Miranda is Home from the Hospital

Miranda is home from the hospital after six days of rest and treatment in the hospital.

She went to her doctor's office for a routine visit last Friday and was admitted to the hospital immediately for observation because her blood pressure was too high. She was suppose to be in the hospital for observation for 24 hours. However, while in the hospital, they found further complications. Level of protein is too high in her urine and the platelets counts in her blood dropped to an unsafe level.

After six days of rest and treatment, the doctors finally gave her the green light to come home today. Mommy are baby are both safe and healthy at this point.

Once again, we thank you for your calls, emails and specially for those of you that visited her in the hospital. We asked that you continue to keep her in your prayers.

She is advised by her doctor to have a lot of rest and not move a muscle. During this period of recuperation, we asked that you keep her in your prayers. No visiting is requested. You are more than welcome to email her. If you want to call, you can always call me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back Miranda! sorry I did not visit...believe me I want it to, but we were all sick with the cold and flu....I have been updated everyday with Robert....I am happy everything is going well and I have faith it will be just fine :)...xoxo

Roderick Yong said...

I'm wondering; who is monitoring the blood pressure, sugar level, etc? And how are they being monitored?

Robert Yong said...

When she is in the hospital, she has nurses around the clock checking her blood pressure, her blood sugar level and all other vital signs. Well now that she is home, I guess she has to do it herself..... with my help, mom's help and hopefully Amanda's help...

Roderick Yong said...

Do you have the proper tools to take the measurements?

Robert Yong said...

Of course....