Thursday, February 19, 2009

Recall Election in Walnut?

From: Nancy Tragarz [mailto:ntragarz@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 2:42 PM
To: 'Nancy Tragarz'
Subject: recall

In case you have not heard, there is a group of individuals who have initiated a recall against Mary Su and ME led by Michael West and Lawrence Reinhold, who both ran against me and LOST last April.

The proponents of the recall claim Mary Su and I are not doing enough to oppose the stadium. I believe I have done everything I can legally or politically do to oppose the stadium and over the last six months I have spent hundreds of hours researching the facts, laws, speaking to elected officials and their staff and seeking support from the SQAMD, WVUSD and Regional Chamber of Commerce by speaking out at their board meetings The Council has done everything the CAS (Citizens Against the Stadium) group has asked us to do. The Stadium is NOT in our City. Attached is a timeline. Any phone calls or emails you can send AGAINST THE RECALL to the attached list of recall leaders would be great. Also attached is an Open Letter to Walnut Residents from the City's Special Counsel, an environmental law attorney we hired to advise us on this matter. Note a recall election would cost the City thousands and thousands of dollars. Mary Su and I need all the support we can get right now.

The recall isn't really about the stadium, it is about politics. See email below sent just after the election in April, long before the stadium issue arose. Only they are going after me since Tom King recused himself from the stadium issue. Tom Sykes would NOT help them.

----- Original Message -----

From: Lawrence Reinhold
To: 'Tom Sykes' ; Pissedoffpapa@aol.com
Cc: 'J.A. Lim' ; 'JUNE WENTWORTH' ; rexyee@juno.com ; 'Rex Yee'
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 11:13 AM
Subject: Next Election Cycle

Hello Tom:

Sorry about the election.

Are you interested in working with me to help bring about change on the council? I would like to see Mr. King replaced at a minimum, but my goal is to replace both Mr. King and Ms. Su.

Please understand, I am not suggesting that you run again. I am asking you to help me. I believe your assistance along with others will be quiet rewarding.

Lawrence Reinhold
Law Office Of Lawrence Reinhold
A Professional Law Corporation
9660 Flair Drive, Suite 438
El Monte, California 91731
Ph: 626.453.8880
Fax: 626.453.8887
Email: lr@law-r.com
Website: www.law-r.com


Time Line

Open Letter Stadium


Recall Leaders

No comments: