Tuesday, May 5, 2009

GATE Students Dissecting Cow's Eye

The GATE (Gifted and Talented Eduction) students at Westhoff Elementary School in Walnut had the opportunity to participate in a special science project after school today. They dissected a cow's eye. Originally they were scheduled to do a pig eye but because of the swine flu scare, they decided to go for the poor cow...

Amanda was very excited at the opportunity but she was a little scared and nervous. She insisted that I go with her and had been nagging for the whole week (Parents are encouraged to participate with their child). She was so persistent that I had no choice but to comply. I left work early just to see a bunch of kids dissecting cow eyes... :)

I am sure they had a lot of fun and they learned a lot. I enjoyed spending the time with my daughter and of course taking the pictures....

The instructor helping them get started..

They finally get the hang of it...

The cow's eye being dissected...

See more photos here

1 comment:

Llanet said...

wow! so what did you learn Amanda?