Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Verizon has the worst Customer Service...

I recently signed up for Verizon wireless and I can only said that is my biggest regret. I shopped with all the major wireless company but I settled with Verizon because I wanted a Blackberry Storm and only Verizon offers that....

My shopping experience was bad. I got my phones from the Verizon store. They offer a good package but I think it is very unprofessional of them to bad mouth the independent dealers. They claimed that the independent dealers offers refurbished products and the services and bad.... aha.. But, the overall service at the store is pretty good, I have to say.

When I got home, I started signing up to access my account online. That is when I realized that they signed me up and charged me for insurance of all the phones without even asking me. We have to go back and cancel it because I don't think it is worth it....

Ten days later, I got my first statement, and I was shocked to see the bill. I got charged for for things that I did not order. The VZ Navigator (GPS services) which I don't need and did not request, data charges for all the phones that we did not sign up for. Upon further review, the data was there on the morning that we picked up our phone....

So, I called, trying to talk to the customer service rep is an adventure all by itself. When I finally reached the reps he is pretty helpful and knowledgeable. He explained that the VZ Navigators are automatic and we have to call in and cancel. He agreed to take out the charge for those but not the data. But I told him to look at the record, the data was there when I got the phone... and after talking to his supervisor he agreed to give me the credit as well. I told him that we did not sign up and does not want the internet service for the phones except for my Blackberry, he then went over the procedure for blocking access to the internet. We need to dial a number and ..... Then he told me I was set and he assured me that I am good. I told him I used all the major wireless providers and by far Verizon is the worst. To be fair to him, he did tell me I could return my package within 30 days and I should have taken up on his offer....

Anyway, I paid the bill, it was a huge bill because of all the activation charges and so on.. but we need the phones so we have no choice.

Another month passed and my online statement is ready. I wasn't looking forward to it so it took me three days to log in and check. I really cannot express how mad I was looking at the statement. It is the repeat of the first statement, we get charged for VZ Navigator and the data again.

I was so furious and grabbed the phone and called. Another adventure trying to talk to someone. I guess I was so mad, I must be rude and arrogant. Two service reps hang up on me before I talked to someone helpful.

She proceeded to credit my account for the VZ Navigators but refuse to credit for the data charges. I assured her that we did not use the data. But she said yes you did, on a certain date for 2 seconds. We will get charge even if we pressed them accidentally for one second. The minimum charge is $1.99 per line. That means $1.99 per month per line for the rest of the contract, and she said it looks like it. She said it does not sound reasonable but there is really nothing she can do. I asked if there are others that called it and complaint about this and she proudly said "YES!!!" I think someone should really bring a class action lawsuit against verizon for charging consumer unknowingly.

She offered to place a block on all the phones but the downside is we cannot send and received picture text but I paid for unlimited text. Why should I limit myself to a service that I paid for? She said too bad, there is nothing she can do. I asked her what happened to the block that the other guy had me done last month, and she said we did it but that will not block everything. I told her that this is misleading and fraud and she said "may be".... I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said it could be a 30-minute wait. At that point I do not have any energy to be waiting for 30 minutes... and I thank her and hang up.

After collecting my thoughts, I came to realized that the same thing happen on my land line which is also through Verizon. We always get changed for service that we did not order. After we call in and canceled it, they will charge you again the following month. It usually takes a few months for them to actually take it off.

So, if you have Verizon, make sure you always check your bill. You may be paying for sevices that you did not ask for or do not use.....

2 comments:

Llanet said...

Tell me about it....I have bad experience with them with my DSL at home.

Roderick Yong said...

I have to call them, probably 10X, before they come out to install their "fiber optics" TV; we already have their phone and Internet service.